A while back I was tagged by the lovely Keiko from Keiko’s Anime Blog for the Make It Anime tag! I’m so sorry that this tag is so late but I finally got some time to sit down and work on it. I just want to say a massive thank you to Keiko for tagging me in such a fun and interesting tag!
First up are the rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog post.
- Choose 1 Book, Movie and TV show of your choice that you think could work as an anime. (A series of books or movies is allowed e.g. Lord of the Rings, Hunger Games)
- If you want to pick more than 1 from each section that’s fine. Or if you can’t think of one for a specific category that’s fine also.
- Explain why you think your choices could work as an anime. Maybe the advent of animation would enhance it, maybe the different anime genres could help expand and improve the story. Just go crazy with it.
- Link back to the original post (this post) so I can read people’s suggestions, I’d love to read everyone’s ideas.
- Include Make it Anime in your tags so everyone including myself can find them all easily.
- Nominate around 5-10 bloggers.
Smoke Gets in Your Eyes by Caitlin Doughty
I reviewed this book on my blog back in 2018 and I found it a truly fascinating read. When I was considering what book to include in this tag I was struggling for an interesting idea until I thought to myself, how about we have an anime about a mortician. That’d be fun, right? When I originally read this book I often found certain situations Caitlin described as funny, bizarre or just morbidly entertaining. The idea of having an anime centred around a women who starts working at a crematorium sounds like a morbidly good time. It could be in the form of a dark comedy and can switch between having a humorous side and a more serious tone when appropriate. I want all the funny, clumsy, mortician shenanigans in anime form!
The Alien franchise is one of the few horror films I have actually seen and enjoyed. I’m a massive fan of the Aliens as characters/creatures and I think that the franchise could be a really awesome horror anime series or a set of anime films. Ellen Ripley is a fantastically badass female protagonist and I think her character could translate so well to an anime format. All the horrific alien happenings such as the facehuggers and aliens bursting out of peoples chests could make for a gloriously gory animated time. Also imagine the aliens having big ass anime eyes, that would be kind of adorable.
I’ve been a massive Adventure Time fan for as long as I can remember. Although this is an already animated series I think Adventure Time would work really well as an anime. Considering how wacky and bizarre the series is I think it could transition well into an anime style. As anime is often equally bizarre and over the top it would work perfectly. All of the bizarre characters designs, crazy awesome adventures and bright colours could make for a visually stunning anime series.
Thank you again Keiko for the tag!
Until next time thanks for reading and I hope you’re having a great day!
Keep up to date with me on: